Sunday, 11 April 2010

~ Altered Frames ~

These started out life as 2 5x7 inch Papermania Bare Basics Photo Frames. We badgered our friends to find out their living room colour scheme plans so I could co-ordinate them. The paper is Bo Bunny Flutter Butter and is stuck to the frames using minimal amounts of PVA glue spread thinly using a child's glue spreader from Hobby Craft.
The flowers were made using Teal Bazzill Cardstock and the Flutter Butter Paper, can't remember where I found the tutorial for the flowers now but I used Hobbycraft's 2 inch 6 petal flower punch. The flowers were stuck on using Silicon Glue and then both the flowers and frame were covered in Sarah's Cards Dead Flat Varnish, which appears invisible.
The butterfly embellishments are from a necklace I bought to dismantle from Primark, these were also stuck on with silicon glue. With the wonders of facebook I managed to download and print 2 photos of them in black and white to complete the frames. I am really pleased with how they have turned out, so much so that I have bought 3 more frames ready to decorate for when I have my own house.


Bubbles said...

I bet you ARE pleased... these are so beautiful!

Debbie said...

What gorgeous frames, they will love them! I don't know which I like more, the beautiful flowers or the butterflies!!