~ Minced Beef Wellington by Jamie Oliver and adapted by me! ~
1 Stick of Celery
2 Cloves of garlic (I don't put this in!)
2 large flat mushrooms
4 spris of fresh rosemary (I only use 1 sprig!)
a big handful of frozen peas
1 large egg
500g lean mince beef ( I used 400g, plenty for 4-5 people)
sea salt and black pepper
Plain flour, for dusting
500g puff pastry, chilled ( I used Jus-rol pre bought pastry)
1. Heat oven at 180C/350F/gas 4.
2. Peel & chop onion, carrot, celery, potato and mushrooms in to 1cm pieces.
3.Grate garlic and add all to a frying pan with some olive oil on a low/medium heat.
4. Chop rosemary leaves and add to pan, fry for 8 minutes. Add frozen peas and fry for another minute.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
6.Beat egg in a bowl.
7. Combine the verg, mince and half egg in a large bowl and scrunch/ mix up until combined well.
8. Roll out pastry in to the size and shape of a rectangular tea towel.
9. Add the mince mixture to the pastry by moulding it in to an even sausage shape.
10. Egg the edges of the pastry then roll the pastry until the mince is completely covered.
11. Squeeze the ends together so it looks like a christmas cracker and brush with the rest of the beaten egg.
12. Put on a dusted baking tray and bake for 1 hour.