Sunday 26 June 2016

~ Scraplifting ~

Happy Sunday! Its a lovely sunny day here so I'm taking the opportunity to photograph some of my recent layouts.

Now I'm not one to normally scrap lift other peoples layouts but I saw two striking pages created by ladies over on the Like For Ever Subscribers Facebook group and I knew their designs would fit my photos perfectly.

First up I used this page by Natalie Gibbons as my inspiration for a Vietnamese layout.

(Natalie's original page)

My page uses much brighter colours and I chose to use three black and white photos.


What I have enjoyed about this process is seeing how different a page can be because it has used different products and photos. I've used the June Like For Ever Kit 'In Bloom' for both my layouts and tried to embrace the bold colours. I've used this method of putting 3 6x4 portrait photos together across the page before but what struck me about Natalie's was the use of the cluster of frames in the bottom left corner.

I'm trying desperately to finish scrapbooking my Vietnam/Cambodia 2012 trip before heading off on our next adventure to Uzbekistan in September. I very much doubt I will get it finished but I will at least be closer.

The next layout I took inspiration from was this layered page by Christina Howard.
 
(Christina's Original Page)

I chose to use three photos instead of the single one on my page as I wanted to capture the different aspects of the story.


I already love layering paper & embellishments behind my photos but this took it to another level as there is just one area of decoration and a lot of white space. I love the concept and the final page but for me there needs to be a few more elements outside of the single cluster.


Again I used the Like For Ever 'In bloom' kit but I also added in the Ali Edwards 'Reading' story stamp set. It was also the stamp set that was the original inspiration for telling this story about how I decided to lay on the floor of our conservatory (before we had furniture) and read because the weather was so nice.

Thanks for reading.

Happy Crafting!

Terri
x

No comments: