Saturday 4 June 2016

~ Cafe Parunasim ~

Life has run away with me since documenting 'Week in the Life' and I haven't even started my album for it yet. With work, conservatory, trips away, booking our next adventure and buying a new car its been crazy here!

I've had a go at using a double page sketch recently for a layout featuring photos from my holiday to Latvia. I found the sketch over on the Stick It Down challenge blog. I'm not usually a fan of double pages but I had too many nice photos from this café that I wanted to use.


I've been taking Shimelle's Scrapbook Process Class (although I am mega behind!) so I've decided that for my Latvia layouts I'm going to use kraft cardstock as an element to tie the pages together similar to what she did for her backpacking albums.


I used the beautiful Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Free Spirit' collection mostly but I am now left with very little patterned paper left. There is quite a lot of 'white' space on the page above which I really wasn't sure about until I put both pages together in my album.


I flipped this page of the sketch so it fitted the photos I had. My photos are different sizes to the sketch so I used one less to allow me to add my journaling. 


The two small photos are raised up with foam dots to make them stand out and add some more dimension to the page.

We actually visited this café twice in one day it was that good. We first stopped for a hot chocolate in the morning but went back in the afternoon for coffee and cake as they looked so nice. We certainly were not disappointed.

Thanks for reading.

Happy crafting!

No comments: