Monday 25 October 2010

~ Life as we know it - my review ~


Well this film has been out a couple of weeks and I can't say it was high on my list of films to see but it fitted in with today's schedule.

The Plot

Holly Berenson (Katherine Heigl) is an up-and-coming caterer and Eric Messer (Josh Duhamel) is a promising network sports director. After a disastrous first date, the only thing they have in common is their dislike for each other and their love for their goddaughter, Sophie. But when they suddenly become all Sophie has in the world, Holly and Messer are forced to put their differences aside. Juggling career ambitions and competing social calendars, they’ll have to find some common ground while living under one roof. (http://www.cinemablend.com/)


Well, the film lived up to my expectations of being an easy watching film where not much thought was required regarding the complexity of the plot. The simple ideas are well portrayed by Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel. There are moments in the film where I laughed out loud, moments when I cringed at the mishaps of the new 'parents' and shed a little tear at a couple of heart renching moments. However, I am quite sensitive and often find myself crying at the most random things.

This happy go lucky film will make you leave the cinema with a smile on your face, either thinking about your own experiences of parenthood or the stupid situations the couple manage to get themselves in to.

If this film really isn't your cup of tea then the eye candy isn't bad (With Katherine Heigl in it you may even get the other half to go with you!)

Please let me know what you think of this film.

No comments: