The page on the left above has a flap created by the photo and the ribbon as a hinge to hide my journalling.
To make the frames I measured the photo then drew it on to chipboard and cut it out with a craft knife. I then painted it with purple acrylic paint and stamped snowflakes on to it with silver ink when dry.
I used a watermark ink pad and a fern stamp to add some texture to the background although you can't tell very well on the photos. The definition was created by stamping on glossy card with archival ink and then using alcohol inks to make a pattern over the top. I wasn't completely happy with it as the colours can out abit too vivid for what I had wanted.