Wednesday 16 March 2016

~ White Space ~

This self paced class allowed my to embrace Nicola's (Like For Ever Owner) style and create 5 gorgeous but simple layouts. The kit was full of Pinkfresh Studio's Up in the Clouds collection patterned paper. This isn't my usual style as I love to use lots of patterns, paper and embellishments. They should have originally been 8.5 x11.5 but I altered them to 9x12 so I can add them to my Thailand and Laos album.


Nicola often uses non standard photo sizes so many of the photos were printed and then cropped to the correct size. The above layout uses a 6x2 photo which I was able to crop a 6x4 to create the correct size.


As soon as I saw this layout in the class I knew it would be perfect for some photos I took on route to Vang Vieng. We had a seven hour drive through some stunning scenery. We stopped to take photos of the low cloud in the valley below us.  


I found it quite hard not to add more embellishment but I couldn't resist adding extra sequins to this layout. I really like how they look scattered over the page.


I would never have thought to mix upper and lower case letters in the same word but Nicola did this in her title 'Sunkissed' so I tried it with my title too. It adds a different unique looking item to the page.


I tried to focus on creating these layouts and telling the story of the photos. We had a fantastic trip and I want to be able to remember all the little details.

Happy Crafting!


x

No comments: