Thursday 25 February 2016

~ Monochrome challenge - Differences noted ~

Over on Shimelle.com this week is a great challenge featuring Monochromes! Find the original post here. I've never really stuck to one colour plus black/white so I found this challenge particularly good fun.

I've had this photo printed off a while but not really found the inspiration to scrap it. I decided I wanted to use this photo to tell the story of how me & my fiancĂ© have some very different interests. He is follows pretty much any sport which I just don't understand and I have my crafting and scrapbooking. When you first meet some one you worry about your differences but actually it balances out well for us. When he watches sky sports I go up in my craft room to play with pretty paper, but we do make time to do things together. 


This layout was made using patterned paper from various different manufacturers and embellishments from my stash. I wanted the photo and the background to be the main focus for the page so kept the embellishments to a minimum. I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks on plastic packaging spritzed with water to create the blue tones on the background.

Today has been such a happy crafty day as I received 2 pizza boxes from Like For Ever and Hey Little Magpie full of gorgeous stash ready for my retreats in March.

Head back here on Tuesday for a new Stick It Down DT layout and a new process video.

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Bev said...

Looks lovely as usual.